Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A day in the life of Cape Ivy at Slide Ranch

9:55 AM
Dear Diary,
Well, life couldn't be better. What can I say? I love being an invasive species! I spend all day wrapped around this blackberry bush soaking up the sunlight, slowly killing it while I thrive. The best part is knowing that I'm preventing those stupid kids who visit Slide Ranch from using the blackberries that this bush would have provided to make delicious jams, teas, and pies. More later!
xoxo,
Steve <3

10:02 AM
Dear Diary,
It seems like a lifetime ago that I wrote that last entry. I am a changed cape ivy, persecuted for just tryna b me. These two girls (although I'll admit that they are exceedingly intelligent and beautiful), have ripped me and my brethren from our comfortable homes, even going as far as to remove our roots so that my descendants won't be able to flourish there. :-/
-Steve

10:03 AM
Dear Diary,
Can't write much now, it's supa dark in here!
Ruh-roh...
-Steve

10:04 AM
Dear Diary,
Welp, I didn't know how bad things could get until now. I landed in a wheelburrow full of other cape ivies who I can only assume met a similar fate as mine. And just to think, all this happening when my evil plot for cape ivy world domination was so close to fruition! I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those kids... and that cat.
luv,
*~Stevie~*

10:05 AM
Dear Diary,
I don't know where they're taking me... I'm scurred!
:-(
-Steve

10:08 AM
Dear Diary,
So it looks like I'm gonna be spending the rest of my days in this pile--I mean JAIL--where they keep all the invasive species. What really gets me is those stupid blackberries are living free and thriving while I rot away here. On the bright side... guess who now has an ocean view???!
LOL.
-Steve

~~BONUS FUN!!!!!!1 can YOU find Steve in every picture?~~
(you may have to enlarge the photos by clicking on them)

No comments:

Post a Comment